[aur-general] Re-iterating the problem of AUR xorriso and Archlinux libisoburn

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Sat Sep 14 09:01:56 EDT 2013

Hi,

Lukas Fleischer wrote:
> The provides directive makes sure that people can put something like
>     depends=('xorriso')
> in their PKGBUILDs and it will automatically use libisoburn instead --

Will this also help users who look for xorriso and do
not expect to find it in a library package ?

>     optdepends=('tcl: for xorriso-tcltk')
> [...]
> I think the combination of these is what we want, isn't it?

It will at least be a sufficient improvement of the currently ill
situation.
I don't want to pollute your package space with inappropriate
pseudo thingies.

So i agree with your proposal. Can you please implement it ?
In any case: Thanks for caring.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas