[aur-general] Merge request: python2-pyside -> python-pyside

Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick kwpolska at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 08:23:47 EDT 2013

whoops, gmail messed up.

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 7:43 AM, Xyne <xyne at archlinux.ca> wrote:
> The AUR does not fully parse PKGBUILDs because that would require a tool that
> can fully parse Bash without executing it, which no one has written yet (to my
> knowledge).
> [snip]
> The AUR also lacks true support for split packages (again, because there is no
> full Bash parser*), which is why the python2-pyside split package is not
> detected.
> [snip]
> * This is the price we pay for having all metadata trapped in a general
>   purpose, quirky scripting language that can only be evaluated by executing
>   arbitrary code.

Why not adapt the actual Bash parser (in C) to only read and do stuff
safely?  In most cases, this would be enough.  In the others, we
already have mess in those fields in the AUR. (my C skills are not
appropriate for this)

Even though $replaces could be easily taken out, just like $depends is.

--
Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick <http://kwpolska.tk>
PGP: 5EAAEA16