[aur-general] pandoc moved back to the AUR for the time being

Karol Blazewicz karol.blazewicz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 12:34:40 EDT 2013

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 1:11 PM, Rashif Ray Rahman <schiv at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 19 September 2013 05:40, Daniel Micay <danielmicay at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've moved pandoc back to the AUR because the latest version picked up too
>> many new dependencies. It was convenient to have it in [community], but
>> it's much saner to maintain these with the automation used by the
>> arch-haskell project.
>>
>> I only use it for Rust's documentation generator, and don't want to be
>> frequently rebuilding 30+ libraries for a language I don't use.
>>
>> Our packaging standards don't make much sense for Haskell because there are
>> little gains from dynamic linking. There's not nearly enough sharing of
>> code for it to come close to being efficient, and no stable ABI either.
>
> That's a shame, I am really dependent on it these days. But thanks for
> maintaining it until now :)
>

> --
> GPG/PGP ID: C0711BF1

[haskell] unofficial repo has haskell-pandoc 1.11.1-16.

The unmaintained packages uploaded by arch-haskell guys to the AUR
have been removed a couple months ago
https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2013-June/023951.html

Do you want to keep the haskell packages you dropped to the AUR in the
AUR because it makes it easier to move them to the official repos some
time down the road or ...?
Maybe the unofficial repo is enough and there's no need for the AUR packages?