[aur-general] Trusted User Application

Evgeniy Alekseev darkarcanis at mail.ru
Fri Sep 27 15:21:47 EDT 2013

Hello everyone,

I like Arch (and its philosophy) and I'd like to contribute to the development
of our community. So, according to above, I'd like to become a Trusted User.
And here is some information about me.

About me.
My name is Evgeniy Alekseev and I'm a PhD student. I'm working in Moscow State
University (yep, I'm from Russia =)). My speciality is theoretical and quantum
chemistry. At leisure I write small applications on C, C++ and Python (and
some application scripts on Shell), link to the github profile may be found
below [1]. In order not to seem like a bearded nerd sometimes I listen music
and read Robert Jordan's or George R.R. Martin's books (or other similar). =)
In the global Internet (including bbs, bugtrackers, freenode, github) I have
usually nickname "arcan1s".

About my contribution.
Unfortunately, I didn't contribute to the development of the Linux community
(I didn't commit to kernel repo for example), but I wrote (and writing now)
some applications with GPL license, that may be useful for somebody. In some
open-source projects I reported bugs (kate-cpp-helper-plugin for example) or
even suggested the solution (qmmp-qsmmp). I rarely report bugs, because it is
usually difficult to understand is this a bug or a feature. Sometimes (because
I'm a little shy) I write in our bugtracker or in mailing lists/IRC channel.
I'm maintaining several packages in AUR that may be found on the link below
[2]. As you may see, some of this packages is my applications. For some others
(such as scidavis, qscite) I wrote patches for correct build.

About my Application.
I asked Sergej Pupykin if he could be my sponsor and he agreed to do so. I
have two laptop with Arch (both are x86-64, but I may install to one i686
system). And on one of those (that used as workstation) I'm actively using
testing repo and have a lot of packages installed from AUR.
According to list of packages that I'm maintaining (and according to the idea
that users should support only those packages that they use) I'd like to
maintain scientific applications (mathematics, physics, chemistry, some of
biology), KDE-based and some of Qt-based applications.

Links:
[1] Github (have "pkgbuild" repo): https://github.com/arcan1s?tab=repositories
[2] AUR: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?SeB=m&K=arcanis
--