[aur-general] Merging request

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Sat Sep 28 13:10:19 EDT 2013

On 2013-09-28 18:22 +0200
Muflone wrote:

>Please delete the snake_ [1] package with 0 votes uploaded today.
>It's the same software provided by the snake_pygame [2] package.
>
>It the meanwhile take a look at the snake_pygame PKGBUILD, really
>utterly broken. I hope to avoid to see stuff like that again.
>
>[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/snake_/
>[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/snake_pygame/
>
>Muflone

For reference, here is the a copy of the PKGBUILD, which was indeed bad:
http://pastebin.com/8XCvHR2U

Muflone, your assessment is correct, but posting "this pkgbuild is shit" in the
comments section is neither helpful nor appropriate. Users who submit packages
to the AUR are trying to contribute to the community. If they fail to do this
well due to a lack of technical skills then you should offer advice and
encourage them to improve their skills.

The game itself [1] currently expects to be run directly in the user's home
directory. The developer has not yet given any thought to proper packaging and
it is therefore inappropriate to package this for Arch Linux. I will therefore
delete the packages with a note to contact the developer to address this issue.

Regards,
Xyne

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/snakepygame/