[aur-general] Trusted User Application

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Sun Sep 29 12:20:36 EDT 2013

Evgeniy Alekseev wrote:

>Regarding packages from AUR I think they would be qutim, bkchem (I know that
>its current maintainer is Xyne) and pdfsam. Qutim is a good Qt-based messenger
>which doesn't depend on DE and it is developed dynamically. Bkchem is the best
>free software of those that I know for drawing chemical formulas (like
>ChemDraw), but it didn't update in its repo since January.

The current bkchem AUR package points to the latest "pre-release". Our general
policy is to limit the official repos to "stable" releases. If you really want
to move bkchem into community then I can re-upload the current AUR package as
bkchem-rc or bkchem-pre and then merge the current package. Given upstream's
inactivity (the pre-release has been out for over a year) I am not sure that
moving it into [community] is wise, but I won't oppose it.

Regards,
Xyne