[aur-general] Trusted User Application

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Sun Sep 29 21:28:57 EDT 2013

Evgeniy Alekseev wrote:

>On Sunday 29 September 2013 16:50:59 Xyne wrote:
>> * All path variables ($srcdir, $pkgdir) should be quoted to prevent word
>>   expansion (except between double square brackets: [[ ... ]]).
>>
>> * Double square brackets should be preferred over single square brackets
>>   for condition testing because the former are both a Bash built-in and they
>> also prevents word expansion.
>
>Ouch. I will fix it soon.

Thanks!

> However, for most users that use yaourt, for
>example, (which build in directory with correct path) this should not be a
>problem.

I doubt that yaourt is used by the majority. Even if it was, it is an
unofficial tool so it should not be considered when determining best practices.

Even without yaourt, most users are not affected by this because most users
likely build on paths without spaces. Nevertheless, code that fails in valid
and foreseeable user cases is bad, even if those cases are closer to the edge.

>P.S. PKGBUILDs with quotes doesn't seem beautiful in my vim :(.

Sorry, but code correctness takes precedence over beauty in vim. Try changing
your theme ;)