[aur-general] [arch-dev-public] GHC 7.8.1 packaging decisions for Arch Linux

Thomas Dziedzic gostrc at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 00:39:13 EDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 8:12 PM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:

> Now that aside is finished, what is the deal with that arch-haskell
> group?  Is it still going?  Would they want to provide packages
> officially instead?

I wouldn't actually be opposed to this idea.

A lot of effort is duplicated with regards to Archlinux's official haskell
packages and Arch-Haskell's packages.

We could try to work out something between the existing haskell package
maintainers and arch-haskell maintainers.

It might lead to a possibly better overall haskell experience on archlinux.

Arch-haskell could maintain official haskell packages using pacman.
I (and anyone interested) could support haskell package installation using
the cabal-install route.