[aur-general] Please remove these packages from AUR

Jesus Alvarez jeezusjr at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 17:07:38 EDT 2014

Sorry for the lack of explanation. I maintain the zfs packages in AUR.
The zfs, zfs-utils, spl, spl-utils packages have been replaced by
zfs-{git,lts}, zfs-utils-{git,lts}, ...

ZFSonLinux.org are slow to make official releases, but they have a
stable master branch on git. The original zfs packages on AUR required
too many patches to keep up to date with kernel API changes, so we
decided to instead base the releases of of GIT and provide the LTS
packages for people that don't feel comfortable using the git
packages.

The original zfs packages in AUR are no longer required and would only
confuse users.

Thanks,
Jesus A.