[aur-general] Merge request: repo -> repo-git

Felix Yan felixonmars at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 22:35:56 EDT 2014

On Saturday, April 19, 2014 00:59:10 Jerome Leclanche wrote:
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/repo/ into
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/repo-git/
>
> The git repository that `repo` uses has not been updated in years (and
> apparently will not be). There are no dot releases anymore as far as I
> can tell either.

This is not true AFAICS.

The package "repo" is using this commit:
https://android.googlesource.com/tools/repo/+/5db69f3f6616ea199a7840f0602b988f8d5504b9

...which was committed on Thu Jan 30 16:00:35 2014 -0800, which is not "years"
ago.

If you mean the main page "https://android.googlesource.com/tools/repo/" looks
3 years ago, check out the "stable" branch instead:
https://android.googlesource.com/tools/repo/+/stable

The commit message also suggests it should be a tagged version (though
upstream did not tag it - blame upstream!), so I'm not going to do the merge,
unless the current maintainer of "repo" also agree on the merge, and give a
good reason for it.

Regards,
Felix Yan