[aur-general] Absence of kdelibs3

Alexander Rødseth rodseth at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 06:42:40 EDT 2014

Hi,

kdelibs3 was not demoted, but removed, by Eric Bélanger, the 15th of May.
He wrote: "I've just removed qt3/kdelibs3 (as well as packages
depending on them) from
the repos.". I fully support his decision, but perhaps it should also
have been uploaded to AUR.
Anyone is free to upload a kdelib3 package to AUR.

After looking at the packages I could find that depends on kdelibs3,
it is mostly old and unmaintained software, with extremely few votes
(the exception being the once-popular amarok1 with 91 votes). Most of
them are orphans too.

I strongly dislike kdelibs3 and think that all kdelibs3 related
packages should be removed from AUR, but that is my personal opinion.

Which kdelibs3 related package is it you care for? Perhaps we can
focus on fixing that one and/or finding a better alternative.

--
Best regards,
  Alexander Rødseth / xyproto