[aur-general] Fwd: [Server/distributed Arch] nagios/nrpe -> [community]

Jonathan Steel mail at jsteel.org
Fri Aug 1 12:03:38 EDT 2014

On Thu 31 Jul 2014 at 19:54, Ido Rosen wrote:
> Hi all,
>   I'd like to amend my previous request for lldpd and/or ladvd to be
> moved to [community] or [extra], and add these packages:
>
> nagios
> nagios-nrpe
> nagios-nrpe-plugin (?)
> nagios-nsca
>
> Again, there are not many people using Arch in data center
> environments, so the vote counts on these packages may be
> disproportionately smaller relative to their actual importance to the
> Arch community in terms of installed machines.
>
> We have a lot of work to do in order to make ArchLinux more friendly
> to administrate in large, distributed deployments such as globally
> distributed data centers out of the box in a supported/official.  I'm
> looking forward to the day Arch can compete with RHEL/Fedora.

I use naemon and nrpe at work, and would like to move those to [community],
along with nsca and monitoring-plugins. Just waiting for the 10 votes for
naemon-core to justify that :)

What do you think about naemon rather than nagios?
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Naemon#See_also

--
Jonathan Steel