[aur-general] no LLDP tools in [extra] or [community] :-/

Sébastien Luttringer seblu at seblu.net
Tue Aug 5 20:28:16 EDT 2014

On 04/08/2014 17:39, Ido Rosen wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 11:31 AM, Sébastien Luttringer <seblu at seblu.net> wrote:
>> On 23/07/2014 23:35, Sébastien Luttringer wrote:
>>> On 23/07/2014 15:59, Ido Rosen wrote:
> That's fair, thank you for packaging lldpd!  I noticed RedHat no
> longer seems to package ladvd, and has switched to lldpad.  Maybe we
> should package lldpad (aka Open-LLDP) from http://www.open-lldp.org/ ?
>  Thoughts?

Background:
- Last release one year ago (not so RERO)
- Last commit un May 2014 (good)
- The software is not in AUR. (nobody seems to have interest)

I get all LLDP info (even proprietary protocols) with lldpd and the soft
is well maintained.
Although I would be happy to see him in community, I do not feel the
need to maintain both. Do you see a technical reason to get both?

Regards,

--
Sébastien "Seblu" Luttringer
https://seblu.net | Twitter: @seblu42