[aur-general] AUR request mentality

Tai-Lin Chu tailinchu at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 04:55:15 EDT 2014

I feel those created by FredBezies and foutrelis are legit. There is
no reason for keeping packages for dead projects, and if upstream does
not create commit for more than n years the project is likely to be
dead. However what n should be is debatable.

I totally agree with the idea of having "package state": active or
inactive. I also think that we should have automated rules for aur
that help to remove bogus/dead-upstream/copyright-violating packages.
This is because everyone can upload package to aur, and only a few can
review them. We can hopefully discuss what rules to be implemented in
aur.

On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 1:30 AM, Brian F. G. Bidulock