[aur-general] AUR notification emails don't mention which package they refer to

Evgeniy Alekseev darkarcanis at mail.ru
Mon Aug 18 06:15:51 EDT 2014

On Monday 18 August 2014 07:04:40 Hugo Osvaldo Barrera wrote:
> I just got the following email from AUR:
>
> ----- Forwarded message from notify at aur.archlinux.org -----
>
> > Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 21:13:22 +0000 (UTC)
> > From: notify at aur.archlinux.org
> > Subject: [PRQ#467] Request Accepted
> > To: aur-requests at archlinux.org
> > Cc: hugo at barrera.io
> >
> > Request #467 has been accepted by arcanis [1]:
> >
> > already orphaned
> >
> > [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/arcanis/
>
> ----- End forwarded message -----
>
> I've put several requests up in the past, and I've no idea to which
> particular one this email is refering to. It does not mention the related
> package, so I've no way of knowing what package has been orphaned.
>
> Maybe TUs have access to requests, but normal users don't. So basically, I
> now know that some package has been orphaned, but not which one.
>
> Can a fix for this be considered for future update?

It has No. of the request. In this case it is PRQ#467. You can find out
details in your inbox folder or in the mailing list archive [1]:

#467 == Orphan Request for python-rdio

But I agree that more verbose messages would be a good feature.

1. https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-requests/
--
С уважением, Е.Алексеев.
Sincerely yours, E.Alekseev.