[aur-general] Pinning dependency versions in PKGBUILDs?

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Tue Aug 19 13:44:29 EDT 2014

* Johannes Löthberg <johannes at kyriasis.com> [2014-08-19 19:34:14 +0200]:
> On 19/08, Florian Bruhin wrote:
> >Hmm, *compiling* it with both flags works, but not sure what happens
> >at runtime then? Arch seems to provide a gvim and a gvim-python3
> >package, and I suspect there is some reason for that.
> >
> >I'll ask the gvim-maintainer, I'd guess he knows more :)
> >

> I think that it's supposed to work fine to use one of them, but it'll
> segfault if you try to use both py2 and py3 at the same time.

It seems to cause trouble when using non-native python libraries:

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/34397

Also, the maintainer of the vim packages told me the current vim
package in [testing] is basically what my vim-full package is, and
what used to be vim is now vim-minimal. So it looks like the package
won't be needed anymore soon ;)

Florian

             GPG 0xFD55A072 | http://the-compiler.org/pubkey.asc