[aur-general] Email Notifications of new AUR orphaning/deletion/merging method

David Phillips dbphillipsnz at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 22:25:59 UTC 2014

Given that we're still getting requests on this list for
removal/merging/orphaning of packages, could we not simply send an
email out to all those who have AUR accounts explaining the fact that
we've changed the way things are done since then?

I recognise that this might be viewed as spammy or annoying by those
who are already fully aware of this fact, but passive notification on
the AUR front page hasn't proved to be fully effective.

Perhaps if there are a lot of AUR accounts who never maintain or own
any packages, we could simply send email messages only to those who
currently have one or more packages under their wing?

What do you all think?

--
David Phillips
GPG Key 0x7BF3D17D0884BF5B