[aur-general] No maintainer for camlp4 in [extra]

Baptiste zerstorer at free.fr
Thu Dec 25 01:31:00 UTC 2014

Hi,

The camlp4 package in [extra] is currently orphaned:

  https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/camlp4/

Is a TU interested in adopting this package?  Otherwise, I can maintain it
in the AUR.

Camlp4 is quite useful.  As of now, the package is out-of-date with
respect to ocaml (4.02.0 vs 4.02.1), which prevents some other packages
from compiling.  For instance, coq, in AUR [1], fails to compile with the
current camlp4 package.  Manually compiling and updating camlp4 to the
latest upstream release (4.02.1+1) fixes the issue for Coq.

Updating camlp4 may also solve this bug, although I haven't checked:

  https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/41907

Thanks,
Baptiste

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/coq/