[aur-general] AUR Requests

Rob McCathie korrode at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 21:24:37 EST 2014

On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 10:53 AM, Michael Schubert <mschu.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (Maintainers, if any, are in CC.)
>
> Could you please merge:
>
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/python2-imaging/ ->
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/python2-imaging-alt/ **
> Reason: PIL is being phased out by pillow; 1st is orphan and 2nd one not to
> be replaced like in [community]
> Maintainer: please add a replaces=() flag, it should replace python2-imaging
> and not python-imaging

Hi Michael,

I will just remove the replaces array in python2-imaging-alt. It's not
appropriate/required for the package nowadays anyway.

I agree python2-imaging should be deleted or merged into
python2-imaging-alt, since when a user installs python2-imaging the
next time they go to system update pacman of course offers to replace
it with python2-pillow. (Yes I know they /could/ just use IgnorePkg=
in pacman.conf)

Regards,
Rob McCathie (korrode)