[aur-general] Package of Questionable Legality

WorMzy Tykashi wormzy.tykashi at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 21:52:23 EST 2014

On 1 February 2014 23:05, Rob Til Freedmen <rob.til.freedman at gmail.com> wrote:
> "[...] so i created this 27 line program to do it for me and it
> automatically adds the torrent to my torrent client."
>
> This package is not and doesn't do any illegal!
>
> Though, if you download (via torrent) something your country deems is
> illegal you're responsible -
> and if you download (via torrent) something your country doesn't care
> of, you will be happy using it.
>
> It really depends on where you live....
I think it depends more on where the AUR is hosted. Lets not forget
that the MPAA, seems to think that they can sue anyone, anywhere, for
anything they feel adversely affects their profit margins.

When somebody markets their software/script/whatever as a "pirate
movie downloader", I think we should probably avoid packaging it.

WorMzy