[aur-general] Voting results (was: TU application, sponsored by Lukas Fleischer)

Lukas Fleischer archlinux at cryptocrack.de
Mon Feb 3 13:35:19 EST 2014

On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 at 19:07:19, Lukas Fleischer wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Jan 2014 at 00:32:08, Jonas Heinrich wrote:
> > Hi ArchLinux community,
> > I like to apply as TU, sponsored by Lukas Fleischer (aka CryptoCrack),
> > since my passion and work for ArchLinux continues since half a decade
> > and I really would like to get more involved into development and
> > package maintaining.
> > [...]
>
> The discussion period is over. Please cast your votes now [1].

Voting is closed. The results are:

* Yes: 1
* No: 24
* Abstain: 7

Unfortunately, this means that the application has been rejected. Sorry,
Jonas! Some rather general tips from me (to you and to other future
applicants):

* Check whether your PKGBUILDs are up-to-date and in good shape.
  Usually, sponsors will have a look at your AUR packages (which I
  clearly did not do carefully enough in this case) but it is a good
  idea to have a look at your packages yourself (maybe even ask someone
  to have a look at them if you are not sure) and polish stuff before
  asking a TU to sponsor your application.

* Heed the advice of your sponsor! If the sponsor recommends doing some
  preparatory work before submitting the application, do it. There is no
  point in submitting the application over-hasty. If the sponsor gives
  you an advice during the application period, don't simply ignore it.
  If you think you cannot accept the advice for whatever reasons, you
  should at least reply and say you can't.

* Discuss. During the discussion period, it is generally a good idea
  react to questions and criticism. Not taking part in the discussion
  usually is a sign of lack of interest and a sign of not being able to
  take criticism and is likely to have a negative impact on the voting.

Jonas, sadly, the TU bylaws prohibit you to reapply for three months.
However, you can take advantage of the remaining time and work on your
packages. Feel free to resubmit (don't take this literally) your
application anytime as of mid-May.

Regards,
Lukas