[aur-general] Prefered way to create users/groups and handle files ownership

Nowaker enwukaer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 09:35:51 EST 2014

> I've rewritten the inspircd package so that file ownership is assigned in
> the .install file.

Thanks for reviving the thread. :) I too think useradd and groupadd in
.install is the way to go, as I said in the first post. This has always
worked for my packages well. Just inspircd, an adopted package, had it
the other way and I wanted to ask the people on ML why.

> inspircd fails to start via systemd

I will surely have a look. I use this package on three production
machines, but maybe something broke in the meantime? I don't know. I
will also reuse your PKGBUILD. Thanks.

Should this go to the AUR guidelines?

--
Kind regards,