[aur-general] Perl core modules in the AUR

Jason St. John jstjohn at purdue.edu
Mon Feb 17 18:32:33 EST 2014

Hello,

Is there any reason to keep AUR packages for Perl core modules? The
only reason I can think of is if there is an important bug fix or
feature addition that has not made it into the latest Perl release
yet, but I'm guessing this doesn't happen very often.

Should _all_ AUR packages for Perl core modules be deleted or should
only AUR packages where the latest version on CPAN is <= the provides
list for the 'perl' package in [core] be deleted? If so, should I/we
just send an email to this list, as usual, for all of these packages?

Jason