[aur-general] Need help with perl-extutils-f77 maintaining
bunder at t-25.ru
Sat Jan 4 12:03:47 EST 2014
I'm maintainer of 'perl-extutils-f77' package . After 'unneeded'
static libraries were removed from 'gcc-fortran'  my package has
stopped passing 'check' stage. The reason is that 'perl-extutils-f77'
searches exclusively static libraries. Please, advice me what is the
right thing to do:
1. Ask 'gcc-fortran' maintainer to restore static libraries.
2. Patch 'perl-extutils-f77' to search dynamic libraries also. The
advantage of this method is that all other packages depending on
'perl-extutils-f77' will work without modifications.
3. ExtUtils::F77 respects F77LIBS environment variable to override
gfortan flags. And here I see two possibilities:
* Add F77LIBS to profile.d. Here I don't know how to apply this new
variably upon package installation.
* Add F77LIBS to every package that depends on 'perl-extutils-f77'.
Quick and dirty.
I'll appreciate any advice.
More information about the aur-general