[aur-general] Orphan or delete request: python2-postfix-policyd-spf

Rich Li rich at dranek.com
Thu Jan 16 15:51:01 EST 2014

Hi,

The 'python2-postfix-policyd-spf' package [1] has been flagged out of
date since 2012-02-28 and hasn't been updated since 2011-01-20. I've
updated the PKGBUILD for a newer version (albeit not the current
version) and posted the diff in the comments, but the maintainer has not
responded.

I would request for this package to be orphaned so I can bring it
up-to-date and maintain it, but the 'python-postfix-policyd-spf' package
[2] looks to be a well-maintained version that uses Python 3 instead of
Python 2.

If there's value in keeping a Python 2 version around, then I request
the package be orphaned, but if there's not, then I suggest the package
be deleted in favor of [2].

Personally, I vote for deletion.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/python2-postfix-policyd-spf/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/python-postfix-policyd-spf/