[aur-general] Axiom (CAS) -- Same program, three packages (and licenses)?

oliver oliver at first.in-berlin.de
Fri Jan 17 13:57:07 EST 2014

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 10:53:26PM +0000, Xyne wrote:
> On 2014-01-16 23:24 +0100
> oliver wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >I looked up some information...
> >
> >Axiom has been forked in 2007 into
> >FriCAS and OpenAxiom.
> >
> >So, Axiom and OpenAxiom are the same.
> >
> >Nevertheless there are two AUR-packages with OpenAxiom,
> >and the mentioned licenses (in the package description)
> >differ.
> >
> >How will such a case be handled?
> >
> >Ciao,
> >  Oliver
>
> Hi,
>
> I have merged axiom-cas into open-axiom. The former package was outdated and of
> poor quality.
[...]

OK, I see.

But the package    open-axiom-svn 1082-1  says, License is GPL2.
looking up the License on the projects's homepage, I found
" Modified BSD license". So, "custom" (because not BSD, but modified BSD)
seems to be correct.

See here:
  http://www.open-axiom.org/license.html

So the package
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/open-axiom/
 says "custom" license

and the package
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/open-axiom-svn/
  says GPL2, which is not correct.

Is a comment to the maintainer and waiting for answer sufficient?

Ciao,
   Oliver