[aur-general] [arch-dev-public] moving libpaper to extra / new (Calligra/LibO) Office related libs

Jelle van der Waa jelle at vdwaa.nl
Wed Jan 22 15:03:14 EST 2014

On 01/22/14 at 08:54am, Andreas Radke wrote:
> I'd like to make use of libpaper in Ghostscript, Cups and LibreOffice.
> So I will move it to extra and will maintain it there.
>
> Also I was told that Callibre can make use of certain libraries in
> future versions that are already part of the internal LibreOffice
> sources. I will do some investigation and will decide if we make
> them system libs so we can do shared linking to these libs.
>
> Please have a look at the PKGBUILD, what internal sources we will use
> in LibO 4.2 :
>
> https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD.42?h=packages/libreoffice
>
> -Andy

It totally makes sense to create packages for libraries which are used in Calligra and
LibreOffice. Creating packages for obscure libraries used only in
LibreOffice seems like an unnecessary maintain burden, I just wonder why
you don't use boost and rhino from our repos.

When I used to contribute to LibreOffice, I've build flawlessly against
our repo's boost version.

--
Jelle van der Waa