[aur-general] TU application, sponsored by Lukas Fleischer

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Sun Jan 26 08:11:59 EST 2014

On 2014-01-24 19:53 +0100
carstene1ns wrote:

*snip*
> several good points
*snip*

Becoming a TU is not like joining Cosa Nostra... it's not always for life. Some
TUs inevitably find that real-life obligations eliminate the free time they
once had to maintain packages and so the quality drops. We are supposed to keep
an eye on each other and discuss problems that we see. In the worst case we also
have removal procedures. Unfortunately, nobody ever really wants to be the bad
guy calling out others on bad habits.

TUs are not exempt from having their packages orphaned either. If a package has
been flagged out-of-date for weeks/months and the TU fails to respond via email
then you can send an orphan request to this list. It should also incite a
discussion about the TU in question.

I hope that Dragonlord and speps will respond to your points and either fix or
orphan their flagged packages.

I can also honestly say that I would oppose an application from someone with 51
flagged packages, so I do not believe that I am inconsistent in my remarks
about the current application.

Regards,
Xyne