[aur-general] Merge request

David J. Haines djhaines at gmx.com
Sun Jan 26 10:08:08 EST 2014

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 09:51:11PM +0100, Maxime Gauduin wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 6:02 PM, David J. Haines <djhaines at gmx.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I just took over pioneer and pioneer-git. The way upstream has been
> > releasing things has made it that, under the prior maintainer,
> > pioneer-git was really using upstream's versioning, while pioneer
> > languished under upstream's old versioning system as "alpha"-something.
> >
> > Please merge pioneer-git
> > (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pioneer-git/) into pioneer
> > (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pioneer/) so that I can continue
> > forward with just the one.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > --
> > David J. Haines
> > djhaines at gmx.com
> > 0xAFB3D16D - F929 270F B7C3 78AE A741  434F A7C6 F264 AFB3 D16C
> >

> I don't think a merge is necessary here. Those 2 packages can coexist, just
> update pioneer so that it uses the new versioning. BTW, pioneer-git should
> be updated to use the not so new now VCS source array capabilities.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Maxime

Given the freqeuency of releases upstream (in their own words: "We
release a new version almost every day."), I don't see much of a need
for both. If you're unwilling to merge, I'd request instead that
pioneer-git be deleted.

Thanks,

--
David J. Haines
djhaines at gmx.com
0xAFB3D16D - F929 270F B7C3 78AE A741  434F A7C6 F264 AFB3 D16C