[aur-general] Dropping laptop-mode-tools to AUR

Maxime Gauduin alucryd at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 10:53:32 EST 2014

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 12:33 PM, Lukas Jirkovsky <l.jirkovsky at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 11:12 AM, Lukas Jirkovsky <l.jirkovsky at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I'm not using laptop-mode-tools for a long time now and recently I've
> > got two bug reports that I don't really want to bother fixing (they
> > are upstream problems).
> >
> > If nobody steps up to maintaining this package by the next Friday, I
> > will drop it to AUR.
> >
> > Lukas
>
> laptop-mode-tools has been dropped to AUR:
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/laptop-mode-tools/
>
> Lukas

I've pushed tlp and tlp-rdw to [community] as a replacement for
laptop-mode-tools. For those who don't know about it, you can check the
upstream website [1] and the wiki [2]. Power savings are on par with
laptop-mode-tools.

[1] http://linrunner.de/en/tlp/tlp.html
[2] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/TLP

Cheers,