[aur-general] Dropping laptop-mode-tools to AUR

Patrick Burroughs (Celti) celticmadman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 01:50:41 EST 2014

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 10:49 PM, Patrick Burroughs (Celti)
<celticmadman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 10:02 PM, Daniel Landau <daniel.landau at iki.fi> wrote:
>> On 27.01.2014 22:04, Patrick Burroughs (Celti) wrote:
>>> Does anyone know of software that offers laptop-mod-tools'
>>> configuration to automatically hibernate on a critical battery level?
>>
>> Does it have to be something other than Gnome?
>
> The suggestion is appreciated, but being a snobby i3 user, I rather
> despise Gnome, KDE, and other similar weighty environments. I'm making
> some progress on a udev rule that will do what I want, however;
> currently I'm testing to see how often my battery emits udev events.
>
> Regards,
> ~Celti

And the udev rule works! Now I can completely do away with laptop-mode-tools.

For the curious, I used:
SUBSYSTEM=="power_supply", ATTR{status}=="Discharging",
ATTR{capacity}=="5", RUN+="/usr/bin/systemctl hybrid-sleep"

This should work for any laptop that emits battery uevents at a
reasonable rate; mine didn't seem to at first, but started sending one
per 1% drop after it dropped below 15% or so, so if you want to test
it you may be waiting a while.

Regards,
~Celti