[aur-general] AUR 3.3.0 released

Steven Honeyman stevenhoneyman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 12:58:02 EDT 2014

There are three very recent instances I'd like to use in examples here
where the situation "didn't seem right" regarding the Request/Flag out
of date features:

1. mdocml[1] - The maintainer is a nice friendly guy, I've emailed him
back and forth to help him with the recent issues... but he doesn't
appear to subscribe to the comments, or have the free time to maintain
the package fully. (i'm referencing the recent comments on it) P.S. it
still isn't right, and yes, I have even provided him with a fixed
PKGBUILD [2]... but as mentionned, he is busy elsewhere, and wrote in
a comment "don't flag out of date if there is no new upstream version"

2. musl[3] - The maintainer is not willing/able to support clang users
(all it really needs is a simple if/else adding for cflags). I
submitted an orphan request, it was accepted[4] - but before I got
home from work, he re-adopted the package and still hasn't fixed it!

3. pnmixer[5] - I'm now an active developer in this project and we've
just finished updating it to gtk3 and fixed some major bugs. The
package was already flagged out of date, so I submitted an orphan
request, and it was rejected[6] stating "email the maintainer" - which
seemed to be the opposite of what I was told by Lukas[7]

Sorry that's a little bit link-heavy! Also thanks to the people that
are working hard on improving the AUR - I've had many requests
accepted in less than a couple of hours which is great, the above 3
I'm just highlighting as the "bad" occasions as they might help
someone come up with an idea for how the process could become more
refined.

Thanks,
Steven.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/mdocml/