[aur-general] AUR 3.3.0 released

Jonathan Arnold jdarnold at buddydog.org
Wed Jul 9 15:40:08 EDT 2014

On Wed, 09 Jul 2014 16:34:20 +0200
Nowaker <enwukaer at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think it's ok for maintainers to opt out in case there's too much
> > discussion in the comments, but at least they should receive a daily
> > digest by default which they shouldn't be optional.
>
> The maintainer has to care about the discussion about their package.
> "Disable notifications" should point to "Disown package". <trollface/>

I agree with this sentiment. If a package owner finds the occasional
email comment about their package to be too much of a bother, sounds
like disowning is in order. I don't think you should be able to
unsubscribe from the email. And if the email bounces, the package
should be automagically disowned.

--
Jonathan Arnold        Webstream: http://hieronymus.soup.io

If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, you
need a team ~ John Wooden