[aur-general] frivolous deletion requests

Attila Bukor r1pp3rj4ck at w4it.eu
Mon Jul 14 08:31:25 EDT 2014

On 07/14/2014 01:11 PM, Xyne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think we need to add some guidelines to the request form to reduce the number of frivolous deletion requests. For example, someone requested a deletion of a package because "broken, crashes on dll load".
>
> The form should include a message such as "Technical issues for active projects should be reported in the comments section so that the maintainer can devise a solution and contact upstream if necessary. Deletion requests should only be made for discontinued projects."
>
> Opinions?
>
> Regards,
> Xyne

When I switched to Arch from Ubuntu, I thought users would be less
stupid here. The problem with that message is that most of the users
would probably not read it and ignore it, though I think all request
types should be explained there. Also, there should be a way to request
orphan AND auto-adopt the package after the request has been approved.

Regards,
r1pp3rj4ck