[aur-general] Announcement Input

Eduardo Machado eduardo.machado at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 06:20:52 EDT 2014

> Hello everybody,
>
> I would like to have something like an announcement input for AUR packages.
> Just like comments, but the announcement should be editable by the
> maintainer only and shown at the top all the time. This could be handy for
> something like:
>
> > Currently this application does not remember passwords. This is because
> > gnome-keyring is broken. (https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/39913)
>
> Preventing users from complaining over and over again when comments move
> down. Or:
>
> > This is a git package. Most of the time it compiles fine with
> $dependency.
> > If it does not please try $dependency-git.
>
> Any comments?

I don't know if it is the case, but i maintain the redmine AUR package and
for this kind of "announcement" i use the wiki, specifically the
troubleshooting section. There i list any kind if difficult the user can
have or myself have passed through.

i tried to maintain the wiki uptodate and announced it at the comments for
make it clear that the wiki should be the first stop for search. ;)

It is a good policy?