[aur-general] ArchLinux TU Application: Fabio Castelli (Muflone)

Maxime Gauduin alucryd at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 09:29:09 EDT 2014

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 5:25 AM, Balló György <ballogyor at gmail.com>
wrote:
> 2014. 07. 31, csütörtök keltezéssel 01.06-kor Muflone ezt írta:
>>  Hi everyone
>>
>>  My name's Fabio Castelli (aka Muflone) from Italy and I wish to
>> apply to
>>  become a TU for ArchLinux to maintain some packages in the community
>>  repository. My TU sponsor is György Balló.
>>
>>  I actually work as a software developer in a local private company
>> and I
>>  use GNU/Linux since the 1998, having started with Slackware 2.0.
>>  Many years have passed through Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu and finally
>>  ArchLinux that actually I use daily at home and at my job place
>> since a
>>  couple of years. Debian is still often used for software packaging,
>>  deploy services in my network and for less experienced colleagues
>> that
>>  needs some GNU/Linux environment in my job place.
>>
>>  My experience in development is long term, starting in '80s with
>> C=64
>>  Basic, actually I work daily in Python (under Windows, GNU/Linux and
>>  i5/OS, both desktop, server and web platforms), Delphi and VB (under
>>  Windows), RPG/400 and CL (under i5/OS) and many other things which
>> I use
>>  less often, like C or J2EE.
>>
>>  My open source contributions are a really long list but let's try
>> to not
>>  be boring:
>>
>>  - maintainer for over 160 packages in the AUR, most of them updated
>> often:
>>  https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?SeB=m&K=Muflone
>>  https://github.com/muflone/pkgbuilds/
>>
>>  - maintainer for some Debian packages:
>>  https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=muflone@vbsimple.net
>>  https://alioth.debian.org/projects/python-apps/
>>
>>  - author of various open source softwares:
>>  http://www.muflone.com/english.html
>>  https://github.com/muflone/
>>  https://code.google.com/u/102825094329389897213/
>>  https://www.openhub.net/accounts/Muflone
>>
>>  - written hundreds of articles for an Italian website around VB6
>>  development through the 1998 and 2004: http://www.vbsimple.net/
>>
>>  - written hundreds of articles for an Italian website around Ubuntu
>>  through the 2009 and the 2011: http://ubuntrucchi.wordpress.com/
>>
>>  - support in the Italian Ubuntu forum, I was the second most active
>>  member of the forum through the 2009 and the 2012:
>>  http://forum.ubuntu-it.org/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=73229
>>
>>  - support and founder of LQH (Linux Quality Help), an Italian
>> GNU/Linux
>>  forum where normal users could ask their questions and only the
>> experts
>>  group could offer support, resulting in higher quality service, ran
>> only
>>  from highly experienced users through the 2009 and the 2012:
>>
>> https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.linuxqualityhelp.it/supporto
>>
>>  - written tenth of Italian video guides around PyGTK development
>> through
> [...]

Hey,

I can only agree with György here. Your packages are neat and have
enough votes, and you got plenty of experience. I'm sure you'll be a
great addtion to the team. Not much to ask you apart from the usual:
are you maybe interested in taking over some of our orphans [1] ?

[1]
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/?sort=&repo=Community&q=&maintainer=orphan&flagged=

Cheers,
--