[aur-general] Python Dependancy Issue

Storm Dragon stormdragon2976 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 01:38:54 EDT 2014

Hi,
Sometimes this python stuff is confusing. I built the python-click package by hand after removing the python3 options. It built and installed and not p isn't complaining about click any more.
So, I guess I'm just not requesting the right package be installed or something. In the PKGBUILD for p-git, should the dependancy be python2-click? It seems like it builds the python-click for python 3 though.
Also, I figured the pythong-click would be the last of the issues, but now it's throwing another traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/p", line 30, in <module>
    from pypump import WebPump, Client, JSONStore
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pypump/__init__.py", line 19, in <module>
    from pypump.pypump import PyPump, WebPump
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pypump/pypump.py", line 25, in <module>
    import requests
ImportError: No module named requests
I went back and made a seperate pypump2 package, using python2 for the installer. I guess when I get this stuff working I'll need to remove the python2 version of the package and make a package that installs both packages like the python-click PKGBUILD does.
Thanks for all the help :)
Storm
On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 12:09:08AM -0500, Doug Newgard wrote:
>On 2014-06-22 23:59, Storm Dragon wrote:
>>Hi,
>>Pypump is supposed to support python2.7 on up with just the one
>>package.
>>Thanks
>>Storm
>
>With the same source, yes, not with the same package. It doesn't work
>that way. Just take a look at he files in the package.
>
>Doug

Registered Linux user number 508465: https://linuxcounter.net/user/508465.html
My blog, Thoughts of a Dragon: http://www.stormdragon.us/
get my public PGP key: gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-key 43DDC193
Need a safe and easy way to backup and share files? Try Dropbox: http://db.tt/jeY50HR
"Mighty Elric, Mightier Sword. Sorcerer and Swordsman, slayer of kin, Lord of a dying race. King of ruin, dragon master, Champion of Doom."
Domine - Chronicles of the Black Sword