[aur-general] Delete proposal: amsn-*

WorMzy Tykashi wormzy.tykashi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 18:46:11 EST 2014

On 2 March 2014 14:33, Jerome Leclanche <adys.wh at gmail.com> wrote:
> aMSN has been replaced by amsn2 (currently available in amsn2-git).
> I suggest deleting all the amsn-* packages in [1] as most of them are
> orphaned, incompatible with amsn2 and most don't even build.
>
> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?O=0&C=0&SeB=nd&K=amsn&outdated=&SB=n&SO=a&PP=50&do_Search=Go
>

> J. Leclanche

The amsn2-git package is, itself, orphaned, and the last development
on the amsn2-git repo appears to be almost 3 years ago. Does it still
build?

Both the amsn2-git and amsn-svn PKGBUILDs are using horribly outdated
CVS templates.

Personally, as the situation currently stands, I'd nuke the lot of
them. If someone has some interest in maintaining the amsn2-git
package, then they should adopt, update, and prod upstream to see if
this project has any life in it (maybe they moved to a different
hoster?).

Cheers,

WorMzy