[aur-general] AUR package - PLYMOUTH

Padfoot padfoot at exemail.com.au
Tue Mar 4 00:49:16 EST 2014

Hi taylorchu,

As you are the current maintainer of the AUR Plymouth package
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/plymouth/
I am writing to enquire if you are intending to retain maintenance of
this package or if you would be willing to orphan the package?

Your package is currently using git, but appears to be outdated compared
to the plymouth-git package
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/plymouth-git/ which I have recently
taken over maintenance of.

I also maintain the plymouth-release package
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/plymouth-release/ which is a build of
the actual release files of plymouth.

Ideally, I would like to merge both plymouth and plymouth-release so we
only have a release and git version in the AUR.

Please advise me of your intentions regarding your package. Be advised,
as per AUR rules, if I have not received a response from you in 2 weeks
time, I will be requesting the package be orphaned so I may continue
maintenance of it.

Thank you for all the hard work you put in to maintaining your packages.

Looking forward to your response.

Lachlan.