[aur-general] Upgrading a beta package?

Nowaker enwukaer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 12:46:22 EDT 2014

> I don't think there's any particular policy regarding which package
> versions should be provided by a *-beta package. That said, I agree with
> Martti Kuhne: a "beta if there is one" package makes much more sense than
> an "always beta" package. In other words, always keep the *-beta package as
> up to date as possible.

I agree. I maintain rubymine-eap and decided to keep it as up-to-date as
possible after some time. No EAP version currently? Official release is
provided. This allows the users to use the newest possible version of
software and not to worry about switching between rubymine and rubymine-eap.

--
Kind regards,
Damian Nowak