[aur-general] Out of date: clasp, gringo

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Wed Mar 26 11:00:46 EDT 2014

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 10:48:19AM -0400, Zack Buhman wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 09:52:17AM -0400, Anatol Pomozov wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 9:45 AM, Vincent B. <vb at luminar.eu.org> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am the packager of aspcud and aspcud-svn, an important dependency
> > > solver for the OPAM OCaml package manager.
> > >
> > > Two dependencies, clasp and gringo, have been already packaged in AUR,
> >
> > Disowned. Adopt and keep improving it!
>
> This is what package-hijacking looks like.

Is it? The previous maintainer has never voted, and their last action on
the AUR, as far as I can tell, was June of last year. The only remaining
package they have is out of date as of a month ago, in addition to clasp
and gringo. I don't think there's any unwarranted "hijacking" happening
here.

Tangentially related, I think it would make sense to forward the
unanswered email (with bounceback, if appropraite) from the current
maintainer with any disown request. I think this is a simple measure to
try and keep people honest in their requests. Maybe I'm just overly wary
of people...