[aur-general] Merge request: zfs to zfs-git

Jesus Alvarez jeezusjr at gmail.com
Sat May 3 15:50:35 EDT 2014

So I had a look at the packages and here is what I found:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/linux-zfs/ is very out-of-date and not
maintained, therefore it should be deleted.

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/linux-zfs/ is replaced by zfs-git and
should be deleted.

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/zfs-behlendorf-git/ is replaced by
zfs-git and should be deleted.

The dkms packages are definitely not maintained, but useful none the less
as eventually someone would probably like to build ZFSonLinux with DKMS. I
don't think they are named properly though. If they can be transferred to
my user "demizer" in AUR, I would be happy to eventually provide proper
packages as part of the ZFS support for Arch. If we agree to a maintainer
transfer, could the packages please be renamed to:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/zfs-modules-dkms/ renamed to zfs-dkms

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/spl-modules-dkms/ renamed to spl-dkms

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/zfs-tools/ renamed to zfs-utils-dkms

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/spl-tools/ renamed to spl-utils-dkms