[aur-general] Merge request: zfs to zfs-git

Nowaker enwukaer at gmail.com
Sat May 3 17:28:40 EDT 2014

Okay, so these should be removed:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/linux-zfs/
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/zfs-linux-git
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/zfs-behlendorf-git/

Felix, could you do that please?

> The dkms packages are definitely not maintained, but useful none the less
> as eventually someone would probably like to build ZFSonLinux with DKMS. I
> don't think they are named properly though. If they can be transferred to
> my user "demizer" in AUR, I would be happy to eventually provide proper
> packages as part of the ZFS support for Arch. If we agree to a maintainer
> transfer, could the packages please be renamed to:
>
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/zfs-modules-dkms/ renamed to zfs-dkms
>
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/spl-modules-dkms/ renamed to spl-dkms
>
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/zfs-tools/ renamed to zfs-utils-dkms
>
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/spl-tools/ renamed to spl-utils-dkms

"Renaming" is just creating a new package and "merging" the old one into
new one to transfer votes and comments. But you can't just do that,
since zfs-dkms already exists in the repo. ;-)

Having that in mind, zfs-modules-dkms is rendered useless and should be
deleted, right? By the way, I just spotted yet another zfs dkms package,
can you confirm this one should be deleted too? This looks like a fork
of your package, "# Maintainer: Jesus Alvarez <jeezusjr at gmail dot
com>" is in there...
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/zfs-dkms-therp/
+ all zfs and spl packages from here
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?K=therp&SeB=m

Regarding the existing zfs-dkms, you take over the package after you
contact a maintainer and the maintainer doesn't respond in 2 weeks (or
just agrees and disowns). I'd strongly encourage you to do so because it
would be good to have zfs packages clean and usable in AUR. :) There are
really too much results for `yaourt -Ss zfs`, most of which are unusable.

--
Kind regards,
Damian Nowak