[aur-general] Account deletion request

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Mon May 12 15:59:53 EDT 2014

On 2014-04-21 14:36 +0200
Ypnose wrote:

>Hi,
>
>As I requested it on the forum[1], I would like to have my AUR
>account deleted.
>I already checked "Inactive" box, but I want to have it totally
>removed.
>My nickname is Ypnose
>
>Thanks
>Y.
>
>[1] https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=180319

There is no normal way to delete user accounts at the moment. The motivation
for this was the preservation of comments in discussions. I think there was
some discussion recently about enabling account deletion by transferring
comments to a ghost account.

Lukas, can you comment on this?

My own opinion is that it should always be possible to delete your own account
from any service that you join. The absence of this option on the AUR is
hopefully only temporary due to technical reasons.

Regards,
Xyne