[aur-general] Merge request: pipe and pipe2

Lukas Jirkovsky l.jirkovsky at gmail.com
Fri May 16 04:16:05 EDT 2014

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 1:20 AM, Thiago Barroso Perrotta
<thiagoperrotta95 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just updated the pipe [1] PKGBUILD. There is also pipe2 [2], which is
> the same program, but outdated (last updated in 2012).
>
> The best thing here would be to merge them into 'pipe2'.
>
> [1]: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pipe/
> [2]: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pipe2/

I don't know the project, but isn't pipe better name that pipe2? I
skimmed over the web and they sometimes refer to it as PIPE, sometimes
as PIPE2, the current version is PIPEv4.x.y and the documentation says
PIPE 5. This suggests that the -2 actually refers to a(n old) version
and in that case "pipe" would be more appropriate. Also, in that case
I could merge pipe2 into pipe immediately.

Lukas