[aur-general] What stops more packages moving from AUR to Community?

Steven Honeyman stevenhoneyman at gmail.com
Mon May 26 05:19:08 EDT 2014

Reading the wiki, I got the impression that AUR packages with more
than 10 votes would be considered worthy enough to move to the
Community repo. I understand that the ones with thousands of votes
haven't moved due to licence type issues or binary requirements (e.g.
spotify, minecraft, teamviewer, acrobat reader)... but something as
simple as Archey https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/archey/  currently
has 415 votes, and is used my many people for inclusions on
screenshots etc (I found it by searching for it, after seeing it on
the forums!) - that kind of thing I would have expected would be a
"no-brainer" to be moved across into Community.

I count roughly 9100 packages in the AUR with more than 10 votes! Is
it a lack of TUs having time to maintain more than they currently do
that's holding back many of them? (that's not meant as a criticism of
the TUs; being understaffed is a valid explanation)

Either way, perhaps the Wiki should be changed to say 1000 votes instead :D