[aur-general] Suggest replacing [community]/tmw with manaplus from AUR

Jesse McClure jmcclure at cns.umass.edu
Wed May 28 17:43:17 EDT 2014

ATTN: Jaroslav Lichtblau and/or Jan Steffens

I propose [community]/tmw [1] be replaced with manaplus [2].  These are
both clients for an online game "The Mana World".  The TMW client has
been labeled 'EOL' by The Mana World developers [3] and they have urged
players who have not already done so to switch to manaplus.

There are currently two manaplus packages in the AUR (manaplus,
manaplus-git).  I've been in contact with the previous maintainer as
they are out of date.  The previous maintainer orphaned both packages
and I've adopted the git package and brought it up to pacman 4.1 VCS
packaging guidelines.  Before I adopt the other, I thought I should
check whether Jan or Jaroslav (current TMW packager/maintainer) would be
interested in taking it into [community] in place of TWM given the EOL
status of TMW.

Please let me know if there are better venues to make this suggestion.
As this is definitely not a 'bug' and it is not strictly an out-of-date
package, it seemed most fitting to make this suggestion here.

Jesse McClure
AKA 'Trilby'

[1] https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/tmw/

[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/manaplus/