[aur-general] Regex on search page

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Tue Nov 4 23:38:24 UTC 2014

On Wed, 5 Nov 2014 12:25:10 +1300
David Phillips <dbphillipsnz at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I don't understand why some people are against such helpers.
>
> Without veering too far off this thread's topic, there's a large
> number of discussions on the web which cover this.

So assumed there would be a helper that provides the kind of search you
need, you won't use it, as a matter of principle and because there are
freakish discussions about helpers?

Assumed somebody can recommend a good helper to search the AUR, I'm
willing to test it.

On Tue, 04 Nov 2014 16:22:26 -0700
John D Jones III <unixgeek1972 at gmail.com> wrote:
> yaourt rocks :) no it's not perfect, but it's pretty sweet 999 times
> out of 1000.

:)

Yes, it isn't perfect, but it makes maintaining installs from AUR much
easier, than without such a tool.