[aur-general] Unresponsive maintainer (=TU)

Marcel Korpel marcel.korpel at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 00:43:27 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 10 October I discovered an error building mysql-connector-c++ when
(Oracle's) MySQL [1] is build with compiler flag -fno-rtti. I posted a
comment asking about the removal of this flag in PKGBUILD (it only
saves a bit of memory, but everything works fine without this flag).

On 29 October I sent the maintainer (cc'ed here) an email politely
asking again to remove the problematic flag. Until now I didn't get a
response, nor did he change his PKGBUILD. Now someone else is asking the
same in a comment.

What to do in this situation? Filing an orphanage request seems too
harsh to me. Moreover, the maintainer is a TU.

Any advice is welcome.

Regards,
Marcel

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/mysql/