[aur-general] Supported Architectures

David Phillips dbphillipsnz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 23:02:54 UTC 2014

>There isn't really an official stance. It's neither explicitly allowed nor denied. Feel free to add the architecture if the package works on a specific ARM architecture if you want.

There is an official stance as dictated on the wiki [1] however I
happen to agree with the last part of what you said. Strictly
speaking, maintainers shouldn't add anything except i686, x86_64 or
any.

That said, I don't see why anyone short of being truely anal would
request that, say, an armv6h architecture entry be removed from a
PKGBUILD if it also already specifies i686 and x86_64.

i686-x86_64-any anal-ness belongs in the official repos, the forum and
to a large extent, the wiki.

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Packaging_Standards#Architectures

--
David Phillips